Today is election day and no matter who you’re voting for you need to stand up and vote to be heard. As we’ve said numerous times, if you can stand in line all night for an iPhone, the latest iPad or the new Wii U, you can certainly stand in line to vote for the next President of the United States.
Our favorite Silicon Valley startup (and one of the only SV startups we report on) Uber, wants to make it easier on people trying to get to or from their polling place.
Uber has teamed up with Rock The Vote to offer all voters in America who’ve never tried Uber, a “Free(dom) Ride” to or from their polling place. As long as you’re in an Uber market simply download the Uber app from the iTunes app store or the Google Play store and if you’re a first time Uber user, use the code “VOTEUBER”, request a ride and as long as it’s under $20.12 it’s free. Otherwise the first $20.12 is free.
Here are the requirements:
- One FREE(DOM) RIDEto OR from the polls is available for any first time Uber client up to $20.12 off – any amount exceeding $20.12 will be charged to your card on file.
- The Uber trip must begin or end at a national polling location and is valid during voting hours on Tuesday, November 6th.
- The FREE RIDE requires an Uber account and use of Uber’s iPhone/Android app orm.uber.com mobile web to request.
Uber didn’t forget about their loyal customers either this election day, here are some other promotions going on:
- Chicago: FREE(DOM) TAXI RIDE for Chicagoans
- Philly – A FREE Uber ride up to $50 to the most creative “I Voted Today!” TwitPic! Tweet all entries to @Uber_Philly
- San Diego – A FREE Uber ride up to $50 to the most creative “I Voted Today!” TwitPic! Tweet all entries to @Uber_SD
- LA - A FREE Uber ride up to $50 to the most creative “I Voted Today!” TwitPic! Tweet all entries to @Uber_LA
- ATL- A FREE Uber ride up to $50 to the most creative “I Voted Today!” TwitPic! Tweet all entries to @Uber_ATL. More details here.
Remember this election day vote, and then vote Uber.